If you are a traveler and love to discover cultures and places around the world then you would be aware of many places during your travel which are spiritual or scared. It is fun to discover new and interesting places with religious or spiritual values. Now you can browse through information plus pictures of those all places which you didn't visit or travel. Sacred Destinations is an educational and travel resource founded in April 2005. An ongoing project, it currently profiles more than 1,600sacred sites and religious places in 61 countries around the world, illustrated by over 25,000 photos.
'Scared Destinations' is an ecumenical guide to more than 1,250 sacred sites, holy places, pilgrimage destinations, religious architecture and sacred art in over 60 countries around the world. In addition to richly illustrated articles, there are photo galleries containing over 24,000 high-quality images plus detailed maps and lots of practical travel information.
Nearly every culture in human history has sought to honor the divine, the mysterious, the supernatural, or the extraordinary in some way. Most often this happens at sacred sites – special places where the physical world seems to meet the spiritual world. These might be awe-inspiring natural places, sites connected to a god, a saint or a hero, places where miracles occurred, or special buildings consecrated for worship or ritual.
Sacred sites remain spiritually meaningful to millions today and the ancient practice of pilgrimage is as popular as ever. But you don't have to be a believer to recognize that holy places, religious architecture, and sacred art are some of the most beautiful and interesting sights you'll encounter in your travels.
You can find the information at the site, about:
- religious pilgrims and spiritual travelers
- the ordinary traveler who wants to see interesting, historical or beautiful sights
- students and teachers of religion, art or history
- religious heritage of the world
- history, geography, art or architecture
* 'Scared sites' offers the information about the most loved and visited places on planet earth. It features Martin’s sacred art photographs and shows the location of sacred places and pilgrimage shrines around the world.