Lawn care and gardening activities have a direct impact on the neighborhood and community environment. Gardening activities can become an enjoyable hobby, but these activities also bring many benefits for all age peoples. This post is about lawn care and maintenance tips.
Lawn maintenance tips:
Aerating your lawn at the right time with the proper equipment like a lawn aerator can ensure that you have a beautiful yard, every season of the year.
(Aerating is the process of removing small plugs of soil from the turf. Lawn aeration allows water to filter more consistently through soil, and helps reduce problems with thatch(Lawn thatch is a layer of dead organic tissue that deprives the lawn of much-needed oxygen). In addition to improving oxygen availability for plants, it also improves life for soil organisms.)
Few more tips:
- Remove any mud or soil from your hand tools after each use. If dried mud has accumulated on your hand tools, use a screwdriver or paint stripper to scrape it off.
- Wipe your tools dry whenever they accumulate any moisture. This prevents them from rusting.
- Sharpen your cutting tools and your mower blades every spring to keep their cutting edges in perfect condition.
- If you used any metal tools for chemical applications, put them under running water before wiping them dry. Herbicides and fungicides can easily corrode metal tools.
* 'Lawn Care.net' offers lawn care tips, information, and resources.
* Get lawn care and gardening articles at 'Scotts'
* 'Hobby Lawn Care' is a community resource site that provides high quality articles about building and maintaining your lawn.