Whether you believe in feng shui or not, everyone has had the experience of walking into a place that 'feels good'.
Do you feel the same when you come to your bedroom?
Can feng shui help us make bedroom the best it can be?
Feng shui can help us create the space around our house the best it can be, including our bedroom.
What is a feng shui bedroom?
A feng shui bedroom is cozy, comfortable, intimate, serene, sensual and deeply restful.
Feng shui for the bedroom focuses on serenity which can be achieved through subtle lighting, peaceful colors, and comfortable furnishings.
A good Feng Shui bedroom is a bedroom that promotes a harmonious flow of nourishing and sensual energy.
It is a bedroom that invites you, lures you in, excites and calms at the same time.
A good Feng Shui bedroom is fun and pleasurable to be in, either you are there for a quick nap, a good night sleep etc
How to make your bedroom the best it can be?
These feng shui tips can help you create a dream come true bedroom.
- When thinking about the bedroom, one of the most important principles is determining the placement of the bed in the command position, a power position that provides a view of the door,
- prevents surprise, and gives control of an environment.
- Decorate your bedroom with pairs of objects.
- Mirrors are not the ideal piece of furniture for a bedroom. If you have some in there already, then cover them up. Never position a mirror anywhere it can reflect your bed. This can create relationship problems caused by a third party.
- Televisions can also lead to infidelities, so move that TV out of your bedroom.
- Avoid positioning your bed inline with your door or under a window. You should also have one side of your bed supported by a solid wall in order to get a good nights sleep.
- To promote a healthy relationship, or to attract a new partner, place your bed so that it is accessible on three sides.
- Keep objects that don't have to do with romance out of the bedroom. This includes exercise equipment and work-related items. Instead, decorate the room with lots of pictures of you and your partner.
- While pink, white and red are the key colors associated with this gua, red is also the color of anger. If you choose to decorate your room in these colors, go light with the red. In particular, avoid red bed sheets. Feng shui is not just about redecorating; it is also a way of life. If you would like to know more and understand feng shui better, then consider taking some feng shui courses.
- You shouldn’t sleep with a beam or with another objects such as a wind chime or threshold light place right too deep. This will cause anybody to have unwell sleeps. Staircases are just like beams; as a result it is deficient for door to take care of a stairway directly. This could have an impact on family harmony and financial circumstances.
- Ideally the bedroom should be at the back of the house with no strong energy. Wherever your bed is placed you should be able to see the door of the room, and should not see a sleeping image of yours in any mirror in the room. Keep only a single book that you are reading on the bed side table.
- Keep clothes nicely folded and kept inside cupboards. Do not stack too many items under the bed as that gives restless sleep at night.
- For inviting romance in your life, paint the room in shades of pink or keep more objects of pink in your room. Do not paint it peach as that invokes infidelity. Nice candles and items in pairs, like decorative statues and beautiful masks are ideal and so are keeping your head towards a wall while sleeping
- In general, pink is considered to be one of the best colors for the bedroom because it is the color associated with relationships.
- Light blues and light greens are positive colors for a bedroom as well as small accent colors of red. Green represents tranquility, hope and freshness as seen in spring growth or that of a new plant or leaf.
- Many Chinese stay away from having white blankets on their beds because it is similar to the shroud that covers the dead and fear sleep will seem like death. Although, plain white sheets or white sheets with flowers or colorful designs are fine.
- The use of pink or red sheets and blankets are used by those seeking to get married or by newlyweds to ensure wedding bliss.
Feng Shui is not only furniture placement and interior decoration but knowing your universe and surroundings better to get positive changes from within.