The way we feel and the way we act is affected in a great amount by the environment which surrounds us. By learning how to properly organize what surrounds us, we can improve our lives. As you learn self help tips to relieve stress you may experience a more well balanced life
The term feng shui means “wind-water” in English. Feng Shui is the system of geomancy believed to use the laws of both Heaven (Chinese astronomy) and Earth to help one improve life by receiving positive qi.
Feng Shui was developed over 3,000 years ago in China. Historically, feng shui was widely used to orient buildings—often spiritually significant structures such as tombs, but also dwellings and other structures—in an auspicious manner.
Feng Shui helps us to balance the energies of any given space to assure the health and good fortune for people inhabiting it. Boosting your Chi and living in harmony with the world’s energy around you alleviates stress and brings peace to you, your home, and the people in it.
Self help tips to relieve stress
1. Decorate with nature. Decorate the surroundings inside your home with aspects of nature to bring yourself peace and relaxation. Feng Shui uses things like running water, fresh flowers, and plants to relieve stress and create a soothing environment. Only use fresh flowers and keep them healthy. Wilted flowers and plants represent tension.
2. Adjust your lighting. An important part of Feng Shui is the way your room is lit. For an optimum feeling of peace and comfort, as well as a romantic mood, all rooms in your home should be very well lit.
3. Use colors to create different moods. In Feng Shui, colors represent different emotions. Use the power of color to create a flow of positive emotions within yourself. Choose the colors of your room carefully according to the principles of Feng Shui to create the mood of your choice in your home. * Purple represents spiritual awareness. * Blue is used to create a soothing, relaxing atmosphere. * Red enhances energy.
4. Use scents to relax. Aromatherapy is often practiced alongside Feng Shui and complements it nicely. Through the use of aromatherapy, you can easily enhance your mood or pull yourself out of a bad one. * Choosing the right aroma for the right room is important. Certain scents promote peace and tranquility, while others increase energy and help you to get pepped up for the tasks you face. Using the proper aroma will remove the negative energy from your presence.
5. Arrange your furniture and fixtures to support your success. The arrangement of your furniture and the things around you is a large part of Feng Shui. Even the things you have hanging on your walls can make a big difference in your productivity, relaxation, and feelings of security.
* Remove overhanging shelves and objects. Overhanging shelves, according to Feng Shui principles, are like a cloud hanging over your head. The underlying goal of these principles is to create an environment in your home or office that makes you feel secure, safe, and balanced.
* Remove as many sharp objects and corners as possible. Sharp objects and corners represent harshness and can hinder your stress relief efforts.
6. Organize your space. Clutter causes confusion. An organized living or working space promotes calmness and peace within you. An important part of Feng Shui is the order that comes from having everything in its place. You experience peace when everything is where it’s supposed to be and you can find what you need without feeling rushed. Feng Shui is a beautiful art that can relieve your stress and bring an overall feeling of balance into your life. Begin using these strategies today to experience more positive energy in your life and greater levels of productivity.
Tips source: http://personaldevelopmentmaster.com