Scrap booking is definitely a creative hobby or activity which keeps you busy for hours resulting into a nice piece of art. Collage is a bit similar to scrap booking as it is also a mixture of few mediums. Collage can be learned very easily as there are not very definite rules or boundaries to adopt this hobby. You can develop your creativity by involving yourself for this creative pastime.
A 'collage' is a work of formal art, primarily in the visual arts, made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.
A collage may include newspaper clippings, ribbons, bits of colored or hand-made papers, portions of other artwork, photographs, a piece of moss or even a dead mole and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas. The origins of collage can be traced back hundreds of years, but this technique made a dramatic reappearance in the early 20th century as an art form of novelty.
Definition from 'WikiPedia'
Useful links and sites:
* 'Collageart.org' is a rich source of useful links and information about collage related sites, collage artists, exhibitions and more.
* 'Creative spotlite' offers collage tips and ideas.
* 'Collage tips' from 'Stuff that stuck' which provides information about the medium of collage. You can learn the meaning of collage as wells as a variety of technical & “how to” issues associated with it. They also provide references and resources for learning more about this terrific medium.
* 'Kicking the gourd' is a nice blog with some collage works. I have taken the facing picture from this post: 'Composition Collage work'
* 'Collage Clearing house' has some awesome collage work. The right side bar of the blog offers many collage related site links.
Free Automatic Photo Collage Maker
* Create picture collages in less than a minute with just a few mouse clicks
* Photos are automatically and intelligently placed using a very fast patent pending method
* Use photos on your computer or from the web to make collages
* Adjust the collage size, size of the photos, number of photos, and spacing between photos
* Change the background, the colour of the border, and more
* Save as JPEG, PNG, or Photoshop PSD
o If you don't like the collage, save it as a PSD and edit it yourself in Adobe Photoshop or GIMP!
It is Free for personal use with no trial periods, ads, spyware, viruses, trojans, or stds
# Works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more! in many languages